Someone who first & foremost, takes pride in being with you. Someone who acknowledges your accomplishments & your strengths, but is also there to help you when your weaknesses get the best of you. Someone who is proud when you succeed & supports you fully, but is also there to pick you up when you fall down. Someone who knows your fullest potential, but pushes you to be better each day. Someone who feels blessed & lucky to have you & appreciates you & your efforts no matter how little or big they may be. Someone who knows that nobody could compare because they’ve already found someone who embodies all that they’ve ever wanted. It’s probably one of the best feelings in the world to know that you have someone like that. Just as you are proud of them, they feel the exact same way towards you.
1. The world is trying to keep you stupid. From bank fees to interest rates to miracle diets, people who are not educated are easier to get money from and easier to lead. Educate yourself as much as possible for wealth, independence, and happiness.
2. Do not have faith in institutions to educate you. By the time they build the curriculum, it’s likely that the system is outdated– sometimes utterly broken. You both learn and get respect from people worth getting it from by leading and doing, not by following.
4. Connect with everyone, all the time. Be genuine about it. Learn to find something you like in each person, and then speak to that thing.
5. Don’t waste time being shy. Shyness is the belief that your emotions should be the arbitrators of your decision making process when the opposite is actually true.
6. If you feel weird about something during a relationship, that’s usually what you end up breaking up over.
7. Have as much contact as possible with older people. Personally, I met people at Podcamps. My friend Greg, at the age of 13, met his first future employer sitting next to him on a plane. The reason this is so valuable is because people your age don’t usually have the decision-making ability to help you very much. Also they know almost everything you will learn later, so ask them.
8. Find people that are cooler than you and hang out with them too. This and the corollary are both important: “don’t attempt to be average inside your group. Continuously attempt to be cooler than them (by doing cooler things, being more laid back, accepting, ambitious, etc.).”
9. You will become more conservative over time. This is just a fact. Those you surround yourself with create a kind of “bubble” that pushes you to support the status quo. For this reason, you need to do your craziest stuff NOW. Later on, you’ll become too afraid. Trust me.
10. Reduce all expenses as much as possible. I mean it. This creates a safety net that will allow you to do the crazier shit I mentioned above.
11. Instead of getting status through objects (which provide only temporary boosts), do it through experiences. In other words, a trip to Paris is a better choice than a new wardrobe. Studies show this also boosts happiness.
12. While you are living on the cheap, solve the money problem. Use the internet, because it’s like a cool little machine that helps you do your bidding. If you are currently living paycheck to paycheck, extend that to three weeks instead of two. Then, as you get better, you can think a month ahead, then three months, then six, and finally a year ahead. (The goal is to get to a point where you are thinking 5 years ahead.)
13. Learn to program.
14. Get a six-pack (or get thin, whatever your goal is) while you are young. Your hormones are in a better place to help you do this at a younger age. Don’t waste this opportunity, trust me.
15. Learn to cook. This will make everything much easier and it turns food from a chore + expensive habit into a pleasant + frugal one. I’m a big Jamie Oliver fan, but whatever you like is fine.
16. Sleep well. This and cooking will help with the six pack. If you think “I can sleep when I’m dead” or “I have too much to do to sleep,” I have news for you: you are INEFFICIENT, and sleep deprivation isn’t helping.
17. Get a reminder app for everything.Do not trust your own brain for your memory. Do not trust it for what you “feel like” you should be doing. Trust only the reminder app. I use RE.minder and Action Method.
18. Choose something huge to do, as well as allowing the waves of opportunity to help you along. If you don’t set goals, some stuff may happen, but if you do choose, lots more will.
19. Get known for one thing. Spend like 5 years doing it instead of flopping around all over the place. If you want to shift afterwards, go ahead. Like I said, choose something.
20. Don’t try to “fix” anyone. Instead, look for someone who isn’t broken.
Written by: Julian Smith inoveryourhead.net
“Don’t try to “fix” anyone. Instead, LOOK FOR SOMEONE WHO ISN’T BROKEN.” Damn.. If someone told me this two years ago, I would’ve been the most grateful. I was always one to be chasing those who I felt would be unchangeable, but those kind of people do not exist. &For some reason I was either too stubborn or didn’t want to be told otherwise at all. “Fixing” people to be the way I want them to be or stay was probably the worse thing I could’ve done as it defeated friendships that wasn’t worth losing. Lesson learned. &Now I know.
Hope to meet that “someone who isn’t broken” in the future soon(:
Great show. Great crowd. Great performers. My second time to ever watch a PCN and now that we’re all reaching our graduating year.. Its stuff like this that make me wish I did more at my school. I regret not doing a PCN because after seeing two good friends of mine dedicate so much time and have so much pride in what they have taken so long to prep for, shows how worthy it is to be a part of such a production. An amazing performance. &It was fun to watch. They didn’t lie when they said they’d make you emotional a bit.. Haha. Congrats to all of the cast!
- Shopping with @jetisms
- UCLA’S SPCN with @jetisms & @kitastr0phe! Cheering on @jurtno! ♥
- ATTEMPTING to make it to clefairy’s grad party! :x
- Parents’ 23rd Anniversary— Finally using one of my cheat days! Steakhouse lunch!
- Visit my past Tita & light a candle for her anniversary
- A family friend’s debut at Newport Beach
AH. Wish I could squeeze in a beach trip.. Happy Memorial Day Weekend, tumblrheads!
I am ugly- I am beautiful
I am worthless- I have worth
I am sick- I will heal
I hate myself- I will learn to love myself
I am weak- I am strong, or I wouldn’t be here today
I am moody- I have profound emotional depth
I am lost- I will find myself
I am scared- I have courage
I am crazy- It is normal to struggle
I am in pain- It’s okay to hurt
I am tired- I will not give up
I’m not good enough- I am better than “good enough”
I can’t change- I can change
EVERYTHING I NEED TO BE REMINDED OF.. in such a simple list.
My initial reaction♥
Yeahhh! :D It was a minimum schedule. Four classes that were all 3hr long. One class a day. Papers left and right. All that jazz. Getting a B with the amount of time I had for each class— Would’ve treated it like an F. I had seven days before every different class meeting, that procrastination shouldn’t have been a problem but of course it always is. Queen of it, after all. Thankfully the fact that I loved all the classes I was taking this semester was an even greater help! Actually loved reading everything I had to. &To be honest, I enjoyed a paper or two to write.. Haha! I seriously wish I kept this good grade streak a couple years earlier. Better late than never, I always say after every semester(: So thankful. &Summer feels all that more deserved.
- My Twenty-First Birthday Weekend
- Being 6ft away from Adam Levine at the Voice taping
This question’s too general.. I have too many favorite memories. LOL. So here are the two that came straight to my head from the past year(;